Thursday, June 23, 2011

How you can help

I know you have been anxiously awaiting the next blog entry :).  I promised you more details about how you can help and here they are!

I know that times are tough and it seems that at every turn someone is asking for another dollar for something.  If you can spare a couple dollars, they would go to good use!  There are a few different ways that you can help me this year...volunteer time is just as valuable as a monetary donation:

(1) Make a donation online at: http://info.avonfoundation.org/goto/DebWills2012 - click on the thermometer to donate using your credit card or debit card (which have the visa or mastercard logo).  Please note Team AllEars - Heather Melito-Dezan in the personal note section so that Deb knows that your donation should count toward my tally. Please save your confirmation.
Please email me with the date and dollar amount of your contribution so that I can keep track and so that I can thank you!

***Note about Employer Matching*** Your donation confirmation will include the address to which you should submit your Employer Matching paperwork.  If your employer will match your contribution and you plan to submit the request, please let me know when you will submit and for how much the match will be.  I will provide you with the information necessary for the match to be credited to Deb's walk.  If you would like, you can complete as much as you can on the form and give to me to forward along to the Avon Foundation. 

(2) You can write a check payable to: Avon Walk for Breast Cancer and mail it to me at 41 Park Ave, Salem NH 03079.

***Note about Employer Matching*** If you contribute via check and your employer will match your contribution, please let me know you will be seeking the employer match and how much your employer will match.  Please forward me the employer match paperwork and I will forward it along with your check!

Donation incentive***As I think of other incentives, I will post them*** For a donation of at least $50, I will run one mile during the Half Marathon in your name (or on behalf of a loved one of your choosing) and will add that name to the shirt I will be wearing on race day.  If I run out of miles for the Half and people are still interested, I will do the same for the 5K...that's 3 more chances!  When you make your contribution, please let me know if you are selecting this option!
I also welcome ideas for various donation levels :)

(3) You can donate an item or service to be used as a door prize or silent auction item at one of my fundraising events...more info to come on dates and events.  If you know anyone who owns a business or has sports events tickets that would be willing to donate something as a silent auction item or door prize item, I would appreciate it greatly!

(4) You can lend a hand at one of my fundraising events (there is a little something for everybody).
    In the works...mini golf fundraiser, Lia Sophia home party, Pampered Chef book party, Creative Memories book party, Laser Craze fundraiser, You're Fired fundraiser, Pink Party fundraiser in September, yard sale.

(5) You can lend words of encouragement to keep me going with my training and fundraising.  If you have had success in fundraising or running and have words of wisdom, please pass them along!

(6) You can come to the WDW Marathon Weekend in January 2012 and cheer on the Team!

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment