Thursday, August 22, 2013

I'm Back...AGAIN!

Hi All! I am back again...I know it has been over a year since my last post and much has occurred. It took almost 7 hrs, but I finished my first Marathon in January 2013 at Walt Disney World. It was hot and humid and I was doubting myself many times during the race, but I did it. It was at that time that I vowed that I would not do another marathon, just stick with half marathons. Well, I returned to my office to an email looking for volunteers to run the Boston Marathon for Boston Medical Center. I thought about it and then threw my sneakers onto the course. Crazy me! I mean, Boston...the holy grail of marathons! Not only was the fundraising commitment a bit daunting, but training was almost non-existent for me. I was nervous and excited for Boston and once I got going, I was ok. The weather couldn't have been more perfect for running and then the Boston Marathon stopped! There was confusion amongst runners, especially just before Mile 20 in Newton, which is where I was stopped. There was also confusion among volunteers and everyone was on high alert. The emotions of that day still creep back in, but they just help keep my determination to finish the Boston Marathon in 2014. Not only am I training for Boston 2014, but I my October is filled with 2 full marathons, a half marathon, a 10k and a 3k and a few short months after that, I will be participating in the Walt Disney World Dopey Challenge, which consists of 5k, 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon on successive days. Yes, I really am Dopey! For the final year, I am fundraising for Team AllEars and we are hoping to raise $100k this year. We have to go out with a bang! I am holding a Comedy Night Fundraiser - Laugh Away Cancer at Lots of Laughs Comedy Lounge at China Blossom in North Andover, MA on Friday, October 25th at 7:30pm. Tickets are $25 each in advance and $30 at the door. We will have lots of great raffle items! There is a link to purchase tickets on the right side of the blog :) I am also hosting a Virtual 5k - Boo! to Cancer Virtual 5k Run/Walk. Details can be found at the top of the page and the paypal link it on the right side of the blog homepage where you can register. I am going to attempt to update weekly....

No comments:

Post a Comment